The WSA Jury process is a strictly democratic and transparent system to guarantee a fair and diverse selection of worldwide digital innovation. Once a project is nominated for the WSA it has to pass several stages of evaluation and assessment before it can become a WSA Winner and maybe even a Global Champion.
WSA Young Innovators Jury 2022
WSA Grand Jury 2022
THE JURY PROCESS
NOMINATION AND APPLICATION
WSA eminent national experts from more than 180 UN member states nominate up to eight projects each – one for every WSA category. Exception is the Youth Category, where open applications are accepted. Once the nominees have completed their application in the WSA online contest database, they are permitted by the WSA office to enter the Jury process.
JURY ROUND ONE
All permitted applications in the WSA online contest database will be carefully reviewed and evaluated by an especially assembled Online Jury consisting of international experts. This Online Jury pre-selects the best 15 to 18 products in each of the eight WSA categories, the so called Short List.
JURY ROUND TWO
To evaluate the remaining projects which managed to pass the last stage, WSA office assigns Jury Panels to reevaluate the Short List. The Jury Members then select the five winners in each WSA category.
RESULTS | ANNOUNCEMENT & WSA GLOBAL CONGRESS
The winners of the WSA Jury Process are announced publicly and informed via mail. All winners are invited to join the WSA Global Congress. During the WSA Global Congress, the winners of the WSA get an invitation to pitch their projects in front of an international on-site Jury panel. Based on the project presentations, one Global Champion in each WSA category is selected, who is subsequently announced at the Award Ceremony and Gala.
5 Technical Criteria
- CONTENT | Quality and comprehensiveness, content richness, local language
- FUNCTIONALITY | Ease of use, user experience, appropriate interactivity and functions
- DESIGN | Navigation / Orientation and visual appeal, appropriate design for target group
- TECHNOLOGY | State of the art in technology and quality of technical realisation, appropriate use of technology (local context/target group)
- INNOVATION | Originality and newness to targeted users, society and market, local ecosystem, business model
2 Strategic Criteria – social / societal
- IMPACT | Local Impact / Impact on community & society
- VALUE | Addressing UN SDGs, narrowing digital divide, global relevance, potential