Join the WSA Youth Ambassadors Network
Are you a motivated social impact champion under 30 who wants to make a difference in your country and globally? Do you want to contribute to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Do you believe in the power of technology and innovation to address pressing social challenges?
Then join the World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Network, a fantastic opportunity that resonates with the WSA's goal and empowers young changemakers like you to make a difference.
As a Youth Ambassador, you will be at the forefront of inspiring and mobilizing fellow youths to showcase their innovative digital solutions that address critical social challenges on a global stage. You will play a vital role in promoting the Young Innovators category of the WSA and supporting the national experts in your countries.
WSA Youth Ambassadors may:
(within a voluntary 2-year term)
- Collaborate closely with WSA National Experts in their country, leveraging their expertise to drive impactful initiatives and support the development of young innovators in your community.
- Take the lead in organizing events and actively spreading awareness about the prestigious WSA brand and the Young Innovators competition, inspiring talented youth to showcase their digital solutions.
- Represent Youth at various WSA and partner events, amplifying the voices of young innovators and showcasing their outstanding contributions.
- Provide valuable insights and perspectives to help the WSA team and Board of Directors better understand your region's unique community and cultural context, ensuring that the program remains inclusive and relevant.
- Foster meaningful relationships within your community and the wider innovation ecosystem, connecting young innovators, mentors, and other stakeholders to create collaborative opportunities for growth and impact.
- Actively participate in testing products and features developed by young innovators, providing valuable feedback to refine their solutions and contribute to their success.
- Promote innovative products and drive excitement around new product launches within your community, showcasing the incredible talent and potential of young African innovators.
- Serve as a trusted source of knowledge within your community, sharing information and insights about the inspiring innovations and achievements of young people across the globe.
What are the qualifications?
The WSA Youth Ambassador Program aims to be diverse and inclusive. It wants to bring together a range of talents and experiences from across age groups, areas of interest and expertise, gender, socio-economic background, and countries within the UN framework.
All candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Passionate about social impact and technology
- Be between the age of 18-30 at the end of the application period (15 August 2023);
- Be a resident in one of the UN member states.
- Be available to devote at least 25 days per year to WSA.
- Have a good command of English and the official language of their country of residence (if not English);
- Access to a computer/mobile device with a stable internet connection for active participation in all aspects of the program
- Be a part of a global network of social impact makers and innovators
- Certificate of Participation
- Letter of recommendation (per request)
- Opportunity to serve your community
- Be eligible to participate in events and opportunities within the WSA and partner network
- Social Media feature
- Best Performance award and get your own social impact goodie bag
- Get support to organize a social impact event in your community
- Opportunity to be promoted within the WSA Network (National expert, Jury, mentor )
How to apply
Candidates can choose one of the following two options during their application
- Individual Application
- Nomination by a WSA National Expert or Organisation
What is the timeline? (call for applications closed August 15, 2023)
The application review is in progress and selected candidates will be informed of the final results as soon as possible.
The call for applications 2023 is already closed, but WSA is always interested to work with committed young activists and community builders.
Reach out to get involved and be informed first for the next call for Youth Ambassadors!
Your WSA Youth Ambassador Network Team
Hanna-Mari and Atabo