- Position: European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Organisation: European Commission
- Ensuring swift agreement on, and full implementation of, the future Horizon Europe programme.
- Ensuring investment flows for disruptive research and breakthrough innovations, including through the European Innovation Council.
- Developing the European Research Area in cooperation with Member States.
- Ensuring integration between research and economic priorities.
- Leading the Commission’s work on a European Education Area by 2025.
- Promoting excellence and networking among European universities and implementing the European University Initiative.
- Updating the Digital Education Action Plan and raising awareness of disinformation and other online threats.
- Ensuring full implementation of the New European Agenda for Culture, promoting creative industries and promoting the Creative Europe Programme.
- Promoting sport for inclusion and well-being, expanding the #BeInclusive EU Sports Awards and the European Week of Sport.
- Strengthening international cooperation in education, research, innovation and culture.