- Original Title: eSolidar - E-commerce powered Fundraising for Nonprofits
- Year: 2014
- Award: WSA European Young Innovators
- Category: European Young Innovators
- Producer: Rui Ramos, Miguel Vieira, Filipa Barros, Joel Calheiros, Marco Barbosa
- Organisation: eSolidar
- Country: Portugal
- URL: https://www.esolidar.com/
eSolidar practises e-commerce powered fundraising for nonprofits by building an Angel List for nonprofits, connecting them with sellers, volunteers, brands, donors, foundations and philanthropists. Three-quarters of nonprofit organizations’ time is spent on fundraising – not on serving their mission.
eSolidar boosts awareness of nonprofits and sustainability through social impact tools. Using a profit share revenue model, a commission is applied on every transaction. Everyone gains when a purchase is made: the one who brings the user to the platform or leads the purchase, as well as the seller and the nonprofit. eSolidar demonstrates how companies adopting a social and solidarity mindset can do business model innovation – by thinking we-commerce not me-commerce.