The Okra Pod
- Original Title: Okra Solar: Electrifying hard-to-reach rural communities with clean, scalable productive solar energy.
- Year: 2021
- Award: World Summit Award
- Category: Environment & Green Energy
- Producer: Afnan Hannan, Damian Veling, Nithya Menon
- Country: Cambodia
- URL: https://okrasolar.com/
800M people do not have reliable energy access. Okra is on a mission to use its advanced digital monitoring, billing and mesh-grids to energies these underserved communities. Okra´s software and hardware solution makes rural electrification more affordable, bankable and ensures longevity through modular design. The system can expand to match growing energy demand, making the system timeless.
The Okra pod offers 1.2kw of clean productive energy, enabling households to enter the digital economy. Okra´s founders have been awarded Forbes 30 under 30 for their groundbreaking work in rural electrification.