- Original Title: TransferWise
- Year: 2013
- Award: World Summit Award
- Category: Business & Commerce
- Producer: Taavet Hinrikus
- Country: Estonia
- URL: http://www.transferwise.com
Banks charge a lot for international money transfers – even when they claim there are ‘no fees’. TransferWise doesn’t. The service allows regular people to access the real, mid-market exchange rate. This is done by using peer-to-peer technology that cuts out traditional bank fees altogether. Customers pay a tiny, fully transparent service charge to access this. We hope it will upend the entire sector in the way Skype did international calls.