Treeconomy – Earth Observation and AI to Revolutionise Forest Carbon Markets
- Original Title: Treeconomy - Earth Observation and AI to Revolutionise Forest Carbon Markets
- Year: 2021
- Award: World Summit Award
- Category: Environment & Green Energy
- Producer: Rob Godfrey, Harry Grocott
- Country: Canada
- URL: https://www.treeconomy.co/
Treeconomy is an ambitious, impact-driven start-up on a mission to combat climate change, restore biodiversity, and improve livelihoods by accelerating the responsible deployment of nature-based solutions.
Focusing on forests, Treeconomy´team is pioneering an integrated suite of remote sensing, data science, and green finance tools to revolutionize the voluntary forest carbon offsetting market and address the fundamental financial barriers that oppose reforestation at the landowner level. In short, Treeconomy is working to align personal incentives and planetary well-being to effectively scale ecosystem restoration.