RetinaRisk – Saving the eyesight of millions of people living with diabets
- Original Title: RetinaRisk - Hjálpar fólki með sykursýki að koma í veg fyrir blindu
- Year: 2021
- Award: World Summit Award
- Category: Health & Well Being
- Producer: Stefán Einarsson, Ægir Þór Steinarsson, Francisco Rojas
- Organisation: RetinaRisk
- Country: Iceland
- URL: https://www.retinarisk.com/
The clinically validated RetinaRisk software solution accurately calculates risk of sight-threatening diabetic eye disease, one of the leading causes of blindness, which can be prevented in over 90% of cases. RetinaRisk has the potential to save the eyesight of millions of people with diabetes by empowering the global diabetic population of 463 million to assess their risk and take the necessary steps to prevent vision loss.
RetinaRisk serves doctors as a decision support tool to identify high-risk patients and optimize clinical outcomes, and enables healthcare systems to streamline diabetic eye screening programs to make them more efficient and cost effective. Personalized care based on risk modelling is the future of healthcare.