UniVation: International. Entrepreneurial. Purpose Driven.
Kicking off this week, WSA UniVation is back! An interdisciplinary entrepreneurship program connecting students with digital impact ventures from all over the world. Students learn about innovation and entrepreneurship, gain intercultural competencies, and focus on real solutions for the challenges the world faces today.
Building Trust in Science
This year, the focus is Building Trust in Science. Students from around the world will work together online for the next two months on evaluating the impact and application of digital impact ventures. Former WSA Winners, these digital impact ventures are standout digital tools with proven track records of achieving the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals. Making an impact in communities around the world, these solutions will be evaluated by UniVation Students, and their ideas will be pitched at the UniVation event in Graz, Austria, at the end of November.
Thursday, November 30
- Young talents meet impact innovators
Zoom calls between venture hosts and local students
- Warm up and get to know each other
Facilitated by Josine Bakkes
by Peter A Bruck & Nora Wolloch
- Everyone can draw - How to design the perfect poster
Visualizing workshop with Karin Hofmann
- Campfire - Inspiration. Insights. Impact
Exchange with international impact entrepreneurs Gica Tierweiler, Denby Royal, Oliver Wimmer, Ines Suh and Hannes Meixner
- Connect4Impact Talks and Dinner
Talks by Walburga Frohlich, Geoff Huston and Marvin Huber
Friday, November 31
- Get your pitch and poster ready
Work on their analysis and posters, supported by mentors
- Lunch & get ready
- Pitching Session & Poster Gallery
Student teams present their analysis & posters
- Evaluating winners
Moderated by Nora Wolloch
- Huddle & Learnings
Moderated by Peter A Bruck
- Connect4Impact & Winners announcement
Celebrating & snacks & drinks
What is UniVation?
UniVation is a global student entrepreneurship program by WSA. It connects students from various universities to evaluate tech ventures worldwide, especially those of former WSA winners.
- Connect students globally with digital impact ventures
- Increase learning & impact
- Spread knowledge and support local solutions with global impact
- Cultivate an empathetic, diverse mindset without boundaries
UniVation 2023 Welcomes students from:
- FH Campus 02, Austria
- FH Joanneum, Austria
- Salzburg College, Austria
- Laboratorium Tuzla, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- OCAD University, Canada
- UCLan Cyprus, Canada
- FH Kiel, Germany
- MOME, Hungary
- Ss. Cyril and Methodius University Faculty of Economics - Skopje, North Macedonia
Want to join the program?
Supporting and Strategic Partners