Inclusion & Empowerment
Diversity | Gender | Justice | Human Rights
This category may entail ICT solutions with high social impact that:
- support integration of the global information society, empower the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status
- empowering citizens and stakeholders in public services
- reduce “digital divides” between technology-empowered and technology-excluded communities
- Ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities, eliminating discriminatory laws, policies and practices in legislation, policies and action in this regard
- Enhance resilience to climate-related extreme events and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters
- Support mobilization of resources from a variety of sources
- Ensure access for all everyone to food, education, information, data etc.
- Strengthen the capacity, in particular developing countries, for early warning, risk reduction and health risks
- Reduce discrimination against all women and girls & prevent all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres
- Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women
The above descriptions are suggestions & guidelines, not restrictions.